by Jessica Adams
The feasibility study examining the proposed redevelopment of Level 0 of the Sherfield Building was completed in mid-February. The Portfolio Review Board (PRB) reviewed the findings at a meeting on 24 February, alongside feedback received from staff and students across Imperial and a paper submitted by the Holland Club. At this meeting, the PRB agreed:
- to change the space to offer a broader range of social and catering amenities for members of the Imperial community;
- to fund the next stage of design work once the requirements for the space have been agreed by the Management Board.
Following that meeting, the Rector asked the Deputy Rector:
- to form a task group to guide plans for the use of the space (as detailed below) which will make recommendations to the Management Board by the end of April;
- to initiate a tendering process, inviting bids from groups within the College to run any catering and/or pub facilities included in the space, following agreement by the Management Board over the use of the space.
The Deputy Rector is in the process of appointing a task group to guide plans for the use of Level 0 of the Sherfield Building. The task group will review the feedback received from staff and students across the College during the feasibility study and make recommendations to the Management Board on the following points:
- what catering, pub, social and other facilities should be included in the redeveloped space on Level 0 of the Sherfield Building;
- who should have access to use these facilities;
- the opening hours of any catering, pub and social facilities.
Membership of the task group will be as follows:
- the Senior Dean (an elected member of academic staff) – Chair;
- a member of the Holland Club Committee (a member of non-academic staff);
- the President of the Imperial College Union.