by The ICT FAQ Monkey
Access to ICIS enables you to access a range of services, tailored to your job title and role.
Additional access privileges can be requested by completing the first two of these 5 steps:
SPECIFY REQUEST > SUBMISSION > AUTHORISATION > SETUP > NOTIFICATION
1. Specify Request
The user, or Departmental Administrator (DA) on their behalf, can request access to update an existing ICIS account.
Please enter the IP Address of the computer to be used and select the ICIS Modules for which access is required.
Depending on your selection, the following additional information is required:
- Financials – Enter the Cost Centre(s) and Activity Code(s) to be added or removed;
- Purchasing – Enter the Cost Centre(s) and Activity Code(s) to be accessed, followed by the next Approver and Approval Limit(s);
- HR – Select the Faculty followed by the area of the College (known Organisation or sub Organisation) for which access is required;
- Payroll – Please contact one of the staff listed on the page to grant you access to the Payroll module;
- Grants – If you require access to specific codes, select ‘Yes’ from the option. Then enter the Award(s) and Project(s) for which access is to be added or removed and the Research Services Administrator responsible for it. If, you selected ‘No’ from the 1st option, select your Faculty followed by the area of the College (known Organisation or sub Organisation) for which access is required;
- Students (OSS/SAMS) – Select from the list the responsibilites to be added or removed;
- CID Generation – Select the type of access (Individual or Corporate) required;
- DA Access Contingent Worker – Select the Faculty followed by the area of the College (known Organisation or sub Organisation) for which access is required.
Having selected the appropriate modules and entered the required information, a summary is displayed showing the epxected timescales for the setup to take place. A confirmation email is also sent to the requestor. Please make a note of the reference number to enable ease of checking the progress of the request.
The request is then sent to the Secondary Approver(s)[pdf] for approval dependent on the selected Modules or Cost Centres. Primary Approval[pdf] is only required for access to setup Contingent Workers, i.e. contractors.
Additional information is available in the ICIS Authorisation Help document[pdf].
The areas which require setup by various groups for all new requested are:
- ICIS Account – Username and Password creation would have been done by ICT when the NT/College login was created (ICT Application Support);
- IP Address registration (ICT Firewall Team);
- ICIS responsibility allocation, depending on the modules requested (ICT Application Support);
- Finance Account access (Systems Accounting);
- Purchasing access (Purchasing Helpdesk);
- HR (Human Resources);
- Students (OSS/SAMS) access (Registry);
- Grants access (Research Services);
- CID Generator access (ICT Application Support).
Once all of the above is complete, the user or DA (if request was submitted on behalf of user) is notified by email that the changes have been made or rejected.
Note: Special Access
The following access cannot be requested via the ICIS Authorisation application:
- Online Journal and Encumbrances – access is arranged by the Training Manager after the user attends training;
- Enterprise Planning and Budgeting (EPB) – access is arranged by the Faculty EPB Authoriser;
- Fixed Assets – please contact the Service Desk attaching an authorisation from Estates and/or Finance.