The remote desktop gateway allows you to connect remotely to your Imperial College computer from outside Imperial without a VPN connection. Further information and instructions for connecting via the remote desktop gateway can be found on the ICT website:
Remember that you will need the following in order to connect remotely:
- The network name of the computer you want to connect to (e.g. lb-computer1). This can be found by opening the Windows Start menu then clicking ‘My info’.
- Remote working or administrator rights on the computer you want to connect to. This can be requested via the service desk (using the contact details on the right hand side of this page).
Thank you for all the responses to our 2011 customer survey, six of which won Amazon Kindles or iPod shuffles in the prize draw. See below for a brief summary of the results and our plans going forward.
Satisfaction: 94% are satisfied with the service ICT provides
- On the whole, our customers are satisfied with the service they receive
- ICT runs a well-respected service with friendly, helpful and knowledgeable staff, however, people would like more local IT support and have the Service Desk being able to resolve more queries at the first point of contact.
- Many of the suggested improvements to services revolve around mobile devices and integration with other non-Imperial services (e.g. Social Media). ICT should be more cutting-edge, adopting modern technologies.
Going forward, we plan to:
- Make it easier for customers to find answers to common problems.
- Enhance the coverage and availability of the wireless network.
- Look into providing some dual-booting PCs in the library.
- Continue to increase the level of support for Apple Mac computers.
- Fully embrace mobile technologies and further developing Imperial Mobile.
Full graphical analysis can be downloaded as a PDF here
click to enlarge
Click to enlarge
The URL for ICIS or the Student System, amongst others, will take you straight away to an authentication page, meaning you never see the page with the URLs http://icis.imperial.ac.uk/ (for ICIS) or http://ossprd.ad.ic.ac.uk:8400/oa_servlets/AppsLogin (for Student System), but instead when clicking on these URL, you land onto https://centsso.ad.ic.ac.uk/sso/pages/IClogin.jsp, which should not be saved as a favourite, as direct access to this URL is not allowed (error message: Error: Direct access to this page is not allowed.) and is not specific to the system you are accessing.
Instead, the easiest way is just to right click on the URLs above and select “Add to favorites”.
The second easiest way to save the ”ICIS Login Page” and/or “Student System Login Page”, go to the ICIS Pages (www.icis.ic.ac.uk), right click on the icon or , as select “Add to favorites”.