Due to the variation in signal strength and distance between routers/base stations, it is difficult to provide a consistent value for the accuracy of the device position. Tests indicate that location information may be up to 30 metres out on campus.
The status lights next to a friend’s name in the ‘View my Friends’ list indicate how recent their location data is:
- Green – their location was updated within the hour.
- Amber – their location was updated within the day.
- Red – they are not sharing their location information.
Your friends must first share their location information, then search for and add you as a friend.
- Go to ‘My Sharing Options’ in the Friend Finder menu.
- Set ‘Share my location with’ to ‘Friends’ or ‘All’.
- Go to ‘Invite Friends’ in the Friend Finder menu.
- Search for a friend and tap the + symbol to add them to your list.
Please note: If your friend has not chosen to share their location information, they will not appear in the list.
No. The Friend Finder works by mutual consent. You must both choose to share your location information with each other.
- If you have not chosen to share your location information, you will not be visible to your friend.
- If your friend has not chosen to share their location information, they will not be visible to you.
We’d love to have your feedback about Imperial Mobile – email your thoughts and suggestions to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you like Imperial Mobile, don’t forget to rate it in the App Store.
Got an idea for another Imperial app? Email email@example.com
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with details of the incorrect content. Please provide as much detail as you can.
The first time you view password protected areas within Imperial Mobile following a change of password, the application will request that you log on again.
Although Imperial Mobile is available to all, we can only offer help and support to College staff and students. If you require help, please contact us via the Service Desk.