by The ICT FAQ Monkey
2 – Use the username and password provided for the specific needs (invoices, receipts, etc…)
3 – If the PDF does not display, but instead the following default icon is only displayed then follow the steps below. Otherwise, if the IE information bar appears, follow the steps at the bottom of this FAQ.
Then go Adobe Acrobat Reader (Start → Programs → Adobe Reader X
Change the following setting: (go to Edit → Preferences
Click on the “Internet” category, and ensure that the “Web Browser Options – Display PDF in browser” is set (ticked)
Click OK. Then try again, the PDF will now display properly:
- – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – -
If you get the Internet Explorer Information Bar appearing when clicking for the PDF, follow these steps:
Click on the bar, then click download file and the PDF will open in Adobe Acrobat Reader X.
You can turn off this message, but we don’t recommend it. If you do want to turn it off, you have to turn it off for each type of message.
To stop the information bar from blocking file and software downloads
- Open Internet Explorer by clicking the Start button , and then clicking Internet Explorer.
- Click the Tools button, and then click Internet Options.
- Click the Security tab, and then click Custom level.
- Do one or both of the following:
- To turn off the Information bar for ActiveX controls, scroll to the ActiveX controls and plug-ins section of the list, and then, under Automatic prompting for ActiveX controls, click Enable.
- To turn off the Information bar for file downloads, scroll to the Downloads section of the list, and then, under Automatic prompting for file downloads, click Enable.
- Click OK, click Yes to confirm that you want to make the change, and then click OK again.