For 2 pancakes:
- 85g/3oz self-raising flour
- 1 free-range egg
- 10fl oz/½ pt milk (approx)
- Cooking Oil
1. To make your pancake batter, whisk the egg, milk, and flour in a bowl to make a “creamy” batter.
2. Heat oil in a pancake pan and “ladle” mixture in, allowing it to coat the pan.
3. Fry pancake on one side for 1-2minutes
4. Attempt to toss pancake. [Techniques vary - I prefer the "stir-fry-toss" technique.]
5. Salvage pancake from ceiling/walls/hob/floor (delete as appropriate) and fry other side of pancake.
6. Hope that you have something that vaguely resembles a pancake. (If not, cover in golden syrup and eat anyway)
7. Coat “pancake” in syrup/chocolate sauce/ sugar/ lemon juice/ ice cream to taste.
8. Repeat until all members of your party are fed.
9. Realise that your pancakes were appalling and looked more like scrambled eggs than pancakes.
10. Decide that other members of your party must be punished for this mis-demeanour.
11. Coat all members of your party, and the surrounding area, in pancake ingredients.
12. Clean kitchen (and if you desire, each other)