by Pamela Agar
I mentioned in last week’s Web Forum that we’d been working on the first College smartphone app – Imperial Mobile. I’m pleased to confirm that this will launch in the App Store and Android Marketplace this evening, ready for new and returning students joining Imperial at the start of October.
Users of Imperial Mobile will be able to:
- Search campus maps
- View current PC availability in the Central Library clusters
- Search for books and articles
- Find students and staff in the people search – call or email them directly, or add them straight to your address book.
- See where your friends are on campus and contact them to meet up
- Get the latest College and Union news and find out what’s on
- Follow the College on Twitter and read the latest student blogs
- Hear about student announcements and promotions
- Explore a guide to College services and facilities
- Get help and support
- Alerts – receive alerts and information
We’ve prepared some online adverts for Imperial Mobile – if you would like us to add an ad for the app onto your College website, please email me with the URL and I will add that for you.
Tell us what you think