Due to demand, an additional date has been announced for the Writing for the web workshop.
The additional session will take place at 9.30 – 13.00 on 17 July 2012.
You can book your place via the Organisation and Staff Development website
The workshop is designed for all staff who are not professional writers but do have responsibility for College web pages. You will learn why writing for the web is different from other writing styles and how to apply good web writing to your own pages.
• Understand the specific needs of web readers
• Understand how to produce readable web pages
• Learn very practical hints and tips for improving your web writing
If you are looking for other ways to improve your web skills you might like to attend one of the Web Skills surgeries. Take a look at the schedule and register online for a place.
A new schedule of skills surgeries is now available online.
Following feedback from the web editor community, we have tried to make sure that all of the subjects that you’d like to find out more about are covered in this year’s schedule such as:
- Social Media
- Video tips
- Search Engine Optimisation (SEO)
- User testing techniques
- Additional CMS skills – access, permissions and uploading files
- Why isn’t it working? – common editing problems
- What is a website for and what should I consider when developing one?
We are also now running sessions at Hammersmith and St Mary’s.
If you would like to come along to any of the sessions please register for your place by clicking on the date that corresponds to the surgery of your choice and then completing the online form.
The sessions have limited places so if you do register for a session that you are no longer able to attend please do let me know: firstname.lastname@example.org.