You can add content areas (‘content item’ in portal terminology) to both the main part of your webpage and the grey navigation bar on the right hand side.
1. Log in to the page where you want to add the content area
2. Click “Edit” in the grey bar at the bottom of the page – this should open an extensive edit menu at the top of your page
3. Click on the “Add item” button in the top left of the main web page area or the grey navigation bar – shown below
4. The add item wizard will now now be displayed. Follow these instructions:
- Ensure that “Content ” is selected on the first page
- Press the Next> button
- Click Finish to create the item.
5. You will now see that an “Edit content” item has been added to the page in the graphical editing view. Clicking the Edit Content link allows you to add content as usual.