PRESENTATIONS ON STATISTICAL COMPUTATION:
Disclaimer: The actual presenation of a talk may have varied somewhat from the slides or posters posted here.
- Computation Challenges Posed by Highly-Structured Models and Computer Models in Astrophysics
(ICMS Workshop on Advances in Markov Chain Monte Carlo, Edinburgh, Scotland, April 2012;
Workshop on Challenges and Advances in High Dimensional and High Complexity Monte Carlo Computation and Theory, Banff International Research Station, Canada, March, 2012).
(View BIRS video.)
- Accounting for Calibration Uncertainty in High Energy Astrophysics via the Partially Collapsed Gibbs Samplers with MH updates
(Statistics Section, Imperial College London, March 2012;
Department of Statistics, Chinese University of Hong Kong, January 2012;
Seminar on Astrostatistics, Departments of Statistics and Astronomy, University of California, Berkeley, April 2011).
- Metropolis Hastings within Partially Collapsed Gibbs Samplers
(Information Theory and Applications Workshop, San Diego, California, February 2011).
- Metropolis Hastings within Partially Collapsed Gibbs with Applications in High-Energy Astrophysics
(The Valencia International Meeting on Bayesian Statitsics, Benidorm, Spain, June 2010)
- Partially Collapsed Gibbs Samplers with Applications in High-Energy Astrophysics
(The Ohio Stat University, May 2009)
- Spectral Analysis of Faint Astronomical Objects: Bayesian Modeling, Computation, and Inference.
(Statistics Group, The RAND Corporation, Santa Monica, California, March 2008;
Department of Statistics, University of Illinois, March 2008
Department of Statistics and Probability, Michigan State University, October 2007;
Department of Applied Mathematics and Statistics, University of California, Santa Cruz, May 2007;
Department of Statistics, National University of Singapore, April 2007;
Department of Statistics, Chinese University of Hong Kong, April 2007).
- Implementing Gibbs-Type Samplers Using Incompatible Draws With Applications in High-Energy Astrophysics.
(Department of Statistics, The Ohio State University, May 2009;
World Conference of the International Association for Statistical Computing, Yokohama, Japan, December, 2008;
DIMACS Workshop on Markov Chain Monte Carlo: Synthesizing Theory and Practice, Piscataway, New
Jersey, June 2007;
Third Workshop on Monte Carlo Methods, Cambridge, Massachusetts, May 2007).
- Distant Kin in the EM Family.
(50th Anniversary Celebration & Symposium [of the Department of Statistics,
Harvard University], Cambridge, Massachusetts, October 2007).
- Fitting Narrow Spectral Lines in High Energy Astrophysics Using Incompatible Gibbs Samplers.
(Poster The Valencia International Meeting on Bayesian Statistics,
Benidorm, Spain, June 2006).
- Going Beyond Compatibility: The Future of the Gibbs Sampler?
(Department of Statistics, Duke University, February 2006;
The Joint Statistical Meetings, Minneapolis, Minnesota, August 2005).