Department of Mathematics Imperial College
London SW7 2AZ
I am currently a Research Associate at the Math Department of Imperial College, where I’m working with Darryl Holm. I’m on a research leave from being a Postdoctoral Fellow from the Research Foundation–Flanders (Belgium) and I’m part of the IRSES Geomech project, funded by the EU.
My previous employment can be summarized as follows:
- Teaching Visitor/Postdoc, Department of Mathematics, University of California, San Diego (2010-2012)
- Postdoctoral Scholar, Department of Mathematics, Ghent University, Belgium (2010)
- JSPS Research Fellow, Waseda University, Japan (Fall 2009)
- Fulbright Postdoctoral Fellow, Control and Dynamical Systems, Caltech (2007-2009)
- Interactions between fluids and structures, and the geometry of the diffeomorphism group;
- Variational principles and Dirac structures for classical field theories.
Our minisymposium on Problems and Progress in Geometric Mechanics at the SIAM annual meeting (July 8-12) in San Diego got accepted.
From May 1 until June 30 I will be a visiting fellow at the Newton Institute in Cambridge for the programme in Mathematical Modelling and Analysis of Complex Fluids and Active Media in Evolving Domains.